UA Technology Services is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
We have established the following two principles:
- We will respect your email privacy. You can choose not to receive Email newsletters from UA Technology Services by either ringing on 020 3012 9901 or by using the “Contact Us” page.
- We will not share any individual user details (including your email address) to any third party without your consent.
What Information do we Collect?
You can visit our website without sharing information about yourself or revealing any information about who you are. We collect anonymised information for the purpose of seeing what people look at on our website and where they are located in order to provide more relevant information to users.
We collect the information you supply to us through enquiry and registration forms, and every time you Email us in order to be able to deal with your queries.
When you supply your personal details to us, when we communicate by email, and when we take notes on-site visits, this information is stored and processed for four reasons in line with the GDPR requirements:
- We need to collect information about your systems in order to provide you with the best possible solutions. Your requesting assistance and our agreement to provide that assistance constitutes in law an (unwritten) contract.
- We have a legitimate interest in collecting that information, because without it we could not support you effectively and safely.
- We keep records of your contact information because it is important that we can contact you in order to cancel appointments in an emergency, confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your systems. This again constitutes a legitimate interest, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent (and this only needs to be verbal consent), we may occasionally send you individualised system health information by email in the form of articles or advice. We will not send out generalised leaflets or advertisements. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
What do we do with this information?
We process personal information for the purposes of providing the best possible service, and to be able to execute any orders you may have placed.
Storage of information?
Your records are stored in secure digital format. We, the Directors, are the only people who have access to your records, invoice files and emails. We will never share your information with anyone who does not have a legal right of access without your written consent. Information may be shared with staff or external consultants/service providers only in as far as is necessary to provide a service to you.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. We are legally required to respond to any request from a client to see their personal data within a timescale of 30 days. However, we would ensure that we respond as soon as we possibly can to any reasonable request for access to personal records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we will do everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so. This is most likely to be when someone is working for us as a service provider.
If you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Please first raise your concern with us, as we hope we will be able to deal with any concerns you might have. However, you can also raise a concern directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office on https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.